Saturday 10 May 2014

I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate

I am passionate about teaching, sharing, mentoring, imparting knowledge, wisdom, and an ability to think and learn yourself.

Some recent feedback from the teaching community got me thinking much more about teaching children by meeting them where they are. Not preaching down to them from some
irrelevant podium of outdated assumptions.

I came across this stunning piece by Spoken Words, called I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate.


I urge all teachers to listen and reflect. These are young people extremely eqolouently expressing the gaping holes of education models, measures of success or capability, the dangers of lazy adherence to outdated notions of worth. They davastate our assumptions.

And this is an opportunity to reconnect, not to get defensive and tell them they're wrong. Reconnect because they have shown what needs fixing.

They want and love education, just not our teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment